Job-opening: Part-Time Bookkeeper & Office Manager
Position: Part-Time Bookkeeper and Office Manager for the Junior League of Duluth, 10 hours/ week (specific hours TBA)
Location: 2711 W Superior Street, Duluth MN, 55806, 218-727-0341
$17/ hour (8-10 hours/ week)
Under the supervision of the President-Elect of the Junior League of Duluth, this position is responsible for general office work activities including administrative and secretarial support to the President, President-Elect and Board of Directors, as well as performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties. The desired individual will process payroll, and be responsible for financial record keeping and transactions including accounts payable, receivable and the general ledger. This individual will also maintain membership records for the Junior League of Duluth and serve as a liaison to the Association of Junior Leagues International.
The desired individual will have advanced experience with Quickbooks, experience working in a nonprofit setting, be a self-starter who is comfortable working independently, demonstrate professionalism and tact in communications with a diversity of individuals, have strong organizational as well as time management skills, exhibit attention to detail and the ability to work well with the Junior League of Duluth’s Board of Directors and general membership.
About the Organization:
The Junior League of Duluth is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The Junior League of Duluth reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
The Bookkeeper-Office Manager will report to the President-Elect.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the financial records/general ledger/ Chart of Accounts
- File quarterly payroll taxes, issues W-2 forms to employee and government agencies as required
- Manage the accounts payable utilizing QuickBooks
- Perform bank reconciliation, Paypal and credit card reconciliations
- Assist in preparing the organization for its yearly review and assist with the filing of Forms 944 and 990
- Issue payroll checks as well as checks for bills and member reimbursements in an accurate and timely manner; ensure that all expenditures are appropriately categorized
- Manage filing system; file invoices, payroll paperwork, reimbursements, and other financial records
- Collect dues
- Prepare and send fiduciary oversight information to the Junior League of Duluth Treasurer
- Office Manager
- Maintain membership directory/database
- Act as liaison to the Association of Junior Leagues International
- Prepare and distribute correspondence including mailings generated by council chairs and the board of directors
- Answer phones, emails, and greet visitors
- Perform general administrative duties such as filing, word processing, and other projects as needed
- Organize and order supplies; maintain office equipment
- Act as contact with landlord
- Perform other duties as assigned by President, President-Elect, Board Members and/ or council directors
- AA in accounting or business, bachelor’s degree in accounting or business OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 2 years of bookkeeping experience
- Have advanced proficiency in Quickbooks
- Knowledge/experience of all state and federal accounting regulations for a 501C3 organization
- Experience in reporting financial information to granting agencies
- Familiarity with preparation of Forms 944 and 990
- Experience with Excel, Word, Outlook, and Windows/Macintosh operating systems, Google Docs
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Must be detail-oriented
- Reliable, trustworthy and a self-starter who takes initiative and pride in his/her work
- Shows good judgment, has the ability to make timely and sound decisions and understands when to consult others
Preferred Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Nonprofit experience
- Understanding of and commitment to the Junior League of Duluth’s mission
- Experience with Adobe Suite, Web Design, Social Media Marketing Platforms
Physical Requirements necessary to perform this job (in a general office setting):
- Hear and speak in order to use telephone and communicate with people both in and out of the office environment
- Ability to sit at desk for a number of hours as well as move around the office area
- Apply manual dexterity and visual acuity for computer keyboarding and office equipment use
- Visual ability to review detailed reports and information
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. The position is contingent upon applicant passing a background and credit check.
Position is open until filled.
Email resume, cover letter, and names and contact information for three professional references to:
Junior League of Duluth President-Elect
(Note: Please put “JLD Bookkeeper-Office Manager” in the Subject Line of your email)