Junior League of Duluth members reach out to our community through a variety of projects that can be completed in a single day’s time, known as Done in a Day (DIAD) projects. We work with local non-profit organizations and schools to organize and implement work that will help improve our community, especially projects that address our current focus issue: food insecurity. To request volunteer support from DIAD, please contact us at email@example.com at least four weeks in advance of the event or project date. DIAD projects completed in 2016-2017 include the following:
- Packed BackPacks for Kids at Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank
- Hosted Halloween celebration for kids at Damiano Kid’s Café
- Prepared garden beds for planting and made improvements to the Lester Park Elementary School outdoor classroom
- JLD Week of Giving: In honor of our 95th Anniversary, volunteer opportunities were coordinated with four organizations we have partnered with during our 95 year history.
- First Witness – 16*: Sealed their blacktop parking lot
- Superior Boys & Girls Clubs of the Northland – 15*: Prepared garden area for planting
- Lighthouse Center for Vision Loss: Unpacked boxes and organized their accessible apartment at Mount Royal Manor. One of the first organizations we partnered with, our relationship began in 1919.
- Tweed Museum of Art – 17*: Private tour and discussion of the history of JLD and the Tweed by Dr. Jennifer Webb
* Number of times we have worked with / donated to this organization.