The Junior League of Duluth (JLD) funds and supports initiatives that complement its mission and vision, and address community need by focusing on our membership-selected impact area: food insecurity. The following funding awards were distributed in April 2017:
- $1,280 to Boys & Girls Clubs of the Northland to provide over 3,800 nutritious meals and snacks.
- $720 to YMCA Little Treasures to fund their Healthy Evening Dinners Program for families.
- $3,000 to Just Kids Dental Duluth for the delivery of expanded community-based oral health and nutrition education to the children of Duluth and Proctor.
- $100,000 for the construction of the Deep Winter Greenhouse at Edible Duluth: Denfeld.
Community Funding Process
The Junior League of Duluth provides funding to a number of local agencies and organizations that fit within our vision and mission. We welcome all submissions from area organizations.
Please note the following guidelines for the award process:
- The Junior League of Duluth fiscal year begins July 1. We make financial gifts one time annually.
- Applications must be submitted via the online Project Proposal Form no later than December 15, 2017.
- Requests are reviewed based on the application criteria, including alignment with the mission of Junior League and meeting the submission deadline.
- JLD believes in placing trained volunteers in our community and prefers volunteer or training components included in all Issue-based initiatives/strategies.
- Requests will be reviewed and determined in January and funds shall be dispersed by April 15.
- Applications will receive a reply stating whether or not an award has been granted. Please note application deadlines and process timeline described above. Other correspondence soliciting donations will be read and considered, however only official applications are guaranteed a response.
- Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in partnering with the Junior League of Duluth.